Sunday, June 3, 2012

Goofy Girl

It's Molly's Mommy just checking in with a few things about Molly and her personality.

Goofy Girl. That's a great way to describe Molly. Also loving, gentle and sweet (most of the time).

She melts our hearts when she says out of the blue, "Mommy (or Daddy) I love you!" And she cups our chin with her hand to pull our face closer to hers.   That's precious!
Sometimes this follows with a kiss or tickles from her eyelashes.

Molly's goofiness is apparent during her everyday play and how she speaks to us. She's picked up both of our mannerisms from our accents to how we act around one another. She's become a sponge!!!

Goofy things Molly says or does:

1. "What?"
Molly likes to say "What?" to show how shocked she is. For example she'll say, "Elmo fell out of bed, What? She punctuates the "T" at the end of the word "What".  She also uses this word every time we call for her. Ex: Mom or Dad says, "Molly come here a minute please" Molly's response, "Whaaatt". She never comes at first calling, I have to tell her "Don't ask me "What" but to please just come here and you will see." So she'll get up with a little grunt as if we are imposing on her time.

2. "I'm pretty and I know it, uha..uha.. I'm smart and I know it, uha.. uha" 
This is one of the songs Molly likes to sing. One day driving in the car (we do a lot of this lately) Molly heard the song, " I'm sexy and I know it". She actually repeated the words. I quickly asked her to change the words to pretty & smart. I just felt like an almost 3 yr old shouldn't be singing "I'm sexy and I know it"

3." Grrrrr!"
Now where did she learn to grunt? Mommy. I realized when I get frustrated, instead of swearing now I grunt at the problem. I know it's silly. But now Molly will grunt when things are going her way. It's kind of cute to hear it.

4. Bad words
Yes, I've sworn a few times in front of my daughter. We've all done it. Even Daddy taught Molly a few choice words. Dam it, Sh*t, & Son of Bleep, were our three house hold poor choice words for a while (now you understand the grunting?).
Of course our little sponge picked up on these words since she was around a year old. She would throw them out there once in a while. Usually out of context. Then I started to hear her use them during her times of frustration. I had to quickly stop this mess before it's too late. I started to tell her that these are bad words that even Mommy and Daddy shouldn't say. Also, if she catches us saying it she can tell us not to say bad words. Mainly we explained that big people use these words only.
So now when ever she finds a new word she stops to ask me "Mommy can I say ......." which could be anything crazy made up to a word like Dummy. I usually find a new word for her to use instead if I feel it's not age appropriate. She does correct us now too. If she thinks we say a bad word, she'll say "Mommy that's a bad word, we don't say that!" as she's pointing her finger to me.

5. "NO"
Really? When did Molly become a teenager? She tells us "No" when we ask her to sit, stand, behave, come here, clean up, finish up, eat up, and so on. She managed to take over and become the boss. And every time we tell her " You don't say that to us!" "That's not nice!", in one ear out the other. We try to correct each situation with "You have a choice then... this or that.. which is it? Most of the time she chooses the beneficial option. I read we should just ignore the bad behavior and reward the good? So I will sometimes not bring attention to her when she says "No" and think of another way to get her to do what I want her to do. It's sometimes works.

6. Music & Dance
Molly loves to dance around to music. She likes to shake her butt and throw her shoulders back. One day she asked me if she can be a princess and I should dance and twirl with her. I couldn't resist!
Out of the blue Molly will break out into a dance or a little jiggy when we hear music in a restaurant, store, or even the car.  Now she enjoys playing musical chairs to music and we have to listen to her silly songs on our long car rides. I love it when she says "Mom can you turn it up please?"

7. Play
Molly loves to play make believe. She enjoys picking an occupation like grocery shopping and check out lady (now with her new cash register), ice cream shop, Doctor & patient, & Salon.
We all take turns being the shopper, cashier, patient, doctor and so on. We play all of these pretty much every day for hours at a time. I try to get her to break it up with sand box time, play doh, or other crafts. By the end of the day she turns right back to these games. She can play for hours by herself too, but mostly enjoys it if some one is playing along.  She cracks us up since I taught her that Elmo had the flu and was throwing up. Now she makes vomiting sounds and tips Elmo or her baby over.
Molly also enjoys playing little people or babies.

8. Movies

Since we've joined the Netflix family Molly has gotten into a routine of watching a "movie" every morning when she wakes up. But they are actually cartoons like Caillou, Strawberry Shortcake, My little Pony,& Care Bears. Occasionally she watches Sesame Street, Super Why, and so many more.
Every morning I hear "I want to watch a movie!".

9. "Get up, the sun is up!"
This is the first thing I hear from Molly EVERY morning. She comes over to my side where I'm lying awake enjoying the peace before the storm. She tugs on my sheets and my arm and repeatedly tells me "Get up the sun is up".. I always reply with, "Yes I know Molly!!, I'm up!" But unless I have 2 feet on the ground, she does not consider me up.

10. Cell Phone "Hello, yea? Luv You, Good bye!"
Every kid has one now right? Or at least the old ones that are out of service. I think Molly has about 5 or more. Some are play phones, some are our old phones. She must have a phone with her and her purse. She enjoys walking around like Mommy with a purse and a cell phone near by. We panic if we forget to bring the cell phone and purse when we go out.
She loves to pretend talk on the phone. She will have a full conversation with everyone in our family and her friends. ( She remembers everyone). I love when she has these fake conversations and cracks up as if someone just cracked a joke.
Once you get her on the phone to a real person, it's button up for Molly. Nothing to say! She just nods her head to your questions.
However, When she talks to me or Daddy on the phone she's really good at telling us how she's feeling.
The funny thing she says really fast on the phone is this, "Hello, yea? luv you, Good bye" Or sometimes it's just "Good bye!" She says it so fast you don't even know what just happened. She'll end her conversation with you with a blink of an eye.

11. "Mommy Rock!", "Mommy Sing!"
Molly must stick with her night time routine. Now, if you know Molly, you know she's never been a sleeper, but we figured out what works. We must have a bed time snack no later then 30 min. before bed, or else! You will be up in the middle of the night feeding her like a gremlin. Trust me! I know because she gets this from me.
Then we brush our teeth, wash our face, use the potty, and head into the room to choose 2-3 books.
After reading we turn on our sound sheep and she tells me "Mommy, Rock" "Mommy, Sing" So I rock in the chair and sing nursery songs, folk songs, and made up lullaby songs. Great practice for my next role on the "Voice".
Then I sneak out of the room and we're good for the night. Sometimes. We have the occasional wake up, but she falls asleep after sitting with her a minute of two.

12. Last thing Molly said to me tonight
"Mom, I need a new bed"  My response, "Why, what's wrong with this bed?" Molly says, "It's not safe, I need a bigger bed".  I told her that she'll have to put that on her Christmas list and that she should just go to sleep in her bed for now. I told her that her bed is very safe. It has a rail to stop her from falling out and it's cozy with her stuffed animals. Molly says "Okay, I'll put it on my list for Santa". She laid down and that was the end of that concern.

13. Public Behavior
We are pretty lucky with Molly. She is (most of the time) very well behaved. Most important she behaves when we are in a restaurant. This is when we want to impress the public the most and she gets a gold star!
She sits waiting impatiently for her food, however finds things to do to fill time until she's served. While waiting, she'll jiggy dance in her chair, color, or play puzzles and mazes with us.
We get compliments where ever we go. In fact just this weekend we treated ourselves to Macaroni Grill. A sweet couple next to us tapped us on the shoulder and said "Excuse me, your daughter is so cute and precious, we couldn't help but say something. We see how well she's behaving and we think that is so wonderful!" and then they handed us a coupon and said, "We think you deserve this just for having a cute, well behaved little girl". Wow! $7.00 coupon. We thanked them over again until they left. Then another couple on the other side pointed and watched as she ate and twirled her pasta and was so good. I love seeing other people smile at her and thinks she's cute.

14. Calling us by our first names
Sometimes Molly wants to call us by our first name. She gets a kick out of this. She mainly does it to Daddy. Sometimes she'll even call us "Baby" What I don't get is that she calls Grandma, Grandma, but Grandpa is always "Grandpa Ken". We have tried so hard to shake her of this. She'll run up to him say "Grandpa Ken, what are you doing?" What a goof!

15. "Thank you Momma, for this meal! It's so good!"
This is something Molly will occasionally say to me after I make her dinner and she bites in. What 2 yr-3 yr old says this to their Moms? What a sweet thing to say and we never taught her that. She came up with this all by herself.

We are so lucky to have our little Molly. She brings joy and laughter to our lives every day.  We watch in amazement, how fast she's growing and picking up on things that you would think she couldn't understand at this age.
She even amazed us by reading an entire book by herself. We are in Awe when she writes her letters and name (for the past year now!).
I do feel sorry when she says "I miss my friends and teachers at school" "Mommy can you just drop me off and come pick me up later today?" That breaks my heart.. So I assure her that some day she'll go back.



   Thanks for being our little Goofy, Stinker Doodle Molly!

No comments:

Post a Comment