Thursday, May 31, 2012

My first potted garden

Once upon a time Princess Molly found Princess Seeds at Home Depot and just had to have them!

We gathered our princess seeds, soil, and pots. Mom helped me plant the seeds (Cosmos & Zinnia's).


Then I carefully watered them and marked them with my princess markers. Charlie stood guard the entire time.


Now we put them in the sun and watch them grow. Mom says it could take about a week before we see anything.



I have to keep them watered and give them plenty of sunshine. luckily we've had a lot of both come around here so far this spring.


The results are in!


The first pot (red one) never grew. We might have planted the seeds too deep.
But the green one is blooming great! I'm so proud of myself! 

 2 weeks later Daddy accidentally tipped over my green potted Zinnia's and knocked them out. I was so sad I cried. Daddy felt really bad about it too.  
Mom replanted the little roots and we all hoped that they will re-grow. Then Mom took Dad and I to the front yard to show us a surprise. She secretly planted some more in the front yard, and they were blooming too. So in case my green pot didn't come back, I had some more to take care of. 
Good news is, in just a few days my green potted plants were fine! They are growing big and strong now! Whew! That was a close one!  Mommy and Daddy are pretty happy too!

No comments:

Post a Comment