Sunday, February 12, 2012

A Visit to Aunt Julie's

Is it summer time?
 Nope, we're just 3.5 hours south of Medina OH. in a city called Cincinnati. (Well, it took us 4.5 hours because I had to stop to go potty at almost every other exit and rest area.)
 Feb. 1st Mom and I packed our bags and headed south to visit with my Aunt Julie, Uncle Shawn & Cousin Noah and Grandma L was there too. Mom told me that Aunt Julie is sick so she needs us to look after Noah. 
Aunt Julie was diagnosed with Lymphoma Cancer. We all want to avoid saying that nasty "C" word, according to mother. Especially to a young mother of only 27yrs. old. We are all praying and doing any thing in our power to help my Aunt Julie get better as well as help her family so she can rest.
 Because it was so warm out (most of the week), the sun was shinning, we decided to rip our jackets off and run around on the front sidewalk of Aunt Julie's house. Noah and I ran back and forth until our cheeks turned red from heat.
 We stopped for some snacks on the front stoop. Noah fed me his left overs. Ahhhh now this is the life! What a gentleman!
 I tried to spend as much time teaching Noah the words and sign language I know. We had a few moments to just sit and catch up.
 Other times we sat quietly and watched "Kipper" and "Sesame Street" Over and over again.
Noah, thanks for the fun at your house. Boy we learned a lot from each other this week. I hope I wasn't a bad influence on you. Mom said I had to be careful about what I do because you'll copy me. Like jumping on the couch and running and jumping in the house. Oh well, we did it together anyway. It looks like you had a great time. No harm done! Just an honest day of play.

One morning we headed out to the local library for some old fashioned story time. That was fun because we got to dance and sing with our mommy's. Grandma took a picture of us around the rug above.
On our last day there it started to snow. It was quite a change from the 60's/no jacket weather we got used to. Early in the morn, we visited the Children's museum. That was a blast! There was a make believe grocery store, restaurant, house/kitchens, Animal hospital, post office, and so much more! I cried when it was time for lunch. I didn't want to leave. Mom promised we will go back! So I'm waiting!!

Next time we go back, my Aunt Julie will most likely have a treatment that may make her very sleepy and sick to her stomach. So we'll probably sit quietly and do crafts or take walks.

Mom was really proud of me on the drive home because I slept the entire way. We didn't  make any potty stops!

Well, Aunt Julie is in good spirits. She has lots of testing to go through for the next 2 weeks and then Chemo starts. We're all researching ways to eat better and just live a happy healthier life now. It's going to be a long road for the family and my Aunt, but we'll all be walking, sometimes running down it together.

Love you lots Aunt Julie!
Prayers and love you always!

2 comments:

  1. Aunt Julie is in our thoughts and prayers. I'm glad that the kids were able to keep your spirits up by keeping you busy during a difficult week. We will be hoping for Julie's speedy recovery.

    I was reading this yesterday and thought you might like to hear of another success story. This is one of my favorite food blogs and it turns out she is a cancer survivor herself.
    http://annies-eats.com/2008/04/19/livestrong-with-pina-colada-cupcakes/

    :) Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Heather! I'm sharing this information with Julie right away! She loves reading insperational stories! We are very greatful for your love and support!
      -Jennifer

      Delete