Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Medina 2012 Ice Festival

The Medina Ice Festival was brrr..radical!
 Friday the 17th marked the opening night. Several business's in the square stayed opened late and had an ice carving right outside their doors. There were a few lining the side walk of the inner square as well. Our first stop was in the gazebo. It was a penguin. The sculptures are lit up at night. So it was a great night to go.
Then we found a horse

A kangaroo

A dragon, Wow!

Coolest of all, the Ice bench! 


We went inside the bakery shop to warm up and mingle with the locals. There's also a furniture shop and art gallery. Mom started talking to the owners for a long time, so Dad and I just walked around and played on the furniture. The lady from the art gallery took my picture next to some huge rose sculpture. 
We were up pretty late, but I still found time to play with my ice cream shop when I got home. Yea, I'm a night owl. I stayed up until 11:30pm! 

No comments:

Post a Comment