Monday, November 19, 2012

Gymnastics

Just catching up with some past events.

Grandma Laugesen suggested that I try out Gymnastics and Dance to see what I would like to do.
I must admit, I was terrified, but so excited to try out gymnastics. I was not aware that my Mommy would have to sit way up above and leave me alone with these strangers. As I sat down with the coach I just started to tear up. I was nervous.


I kept looking at the door for my Mom.

I couldn't find her, but the coach started to talk to me and put my
mind at ease. So I started some of the stretches.

Then I found my Mom up above in the viewing box.


I really had a blast when we started the obsticle course.
Crawl through the tunnel, swing on the bar, leap over the beams, take a few steps,
walk the balance beam, and do a flip or summer salt on the gym mat. No problem!
I've got this one!




Now watch me grab the bar, pull myself up and spin over the bar below.






Next we went over to the dive pool of foam cubes. We jumped in and crawled around.


Can you see me? I'm that tiny green shirt close to the red blocks, in the middle of this picture below?
This place was huge!


I did a really good job!
You would have never known that I had a smashed and bandaged big toe.


Now I'm off to try out dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment