Thursday, March 22, 2012

A day at the beach & concluding March Madness

I woke up this morning and said "Mommy can we go to the beach today?" I really didn't know we had one. I thought we had to drive all the way to Uncle Brent's in FL. to see one. Boy was I surprised!

So now I have to ask myself,
O-why-o-why-o-would you ever leave OHIO?

We have had some pretty nice hot weather so early in the year, and we have a really great place to spend these hot early spring days. The Beach!! What? we have a beach in OHIO? Yep! only 15 minutes away from home at Hinkley Park. Where my Mom says she spent all of her summer days as a child.

Mom took me to the boat house and picnic area where we could enjoy watching the early canoe goers and fisherman cast out into the lake. The leaves are not even blooming in these parts for at least another week, but it was over 80 degrees on this first day of Spring.  

 We stopped to eat our lunch. We were going to need it for our hike around the lake. The path is full of mud and up and down steep hills. I stayed in the stroller while Mom pushed me along. She kept stopping to catch her breath. She says this will be a good work out for her.
We heard frogs singing, only 2 ducks were swimming, and lot of buzzards! We also stopped to see the fish in the shallow streams near the path.
Okay, so Mom had a enough of the muddy path. We only made it about 1/8 (if that) of the way around the lake when we turned around.

That was fine by me because next we headed for the beach. There is a great big water fall and river that runs from the lake. Some of Mom and Dad's wedding party may remember this area when they got pictures taken for their wedding. 

 I thought this was the coolest thing. I built a sand turtle with Mommy and we berried our feet in the sand.  I got my feet wet in the cold water. I wasn't too happy about that. I just wanted to play in the sand. 



Sand Angels!!


So after applying 50 proof sun lotion 2x, in only 2 hours at the park, Mom and I got a little burnt. Mommy couldn't believe we got so much. She thought we better get 60 proof next time. 

And that folks, concludes my March madness!

No comments:

Post a Comment