Day 1: Aunt Julie was gone all day getting fitted for her new hair and she got her hair cut very cute and short!
Mom and i stayed with Noah all day. We danced and played.
Day 2 :in Cincinnati. We decided to get out and enjoy the sunshine before treatment day. So we went out shopping, stopped for lunch at the Rusty Bucket, and played outside.
I thought it was really funny when Noah started picking his nose. So I copied. Hey it's getting us attention.
Mommy told us to cut it out. that's gross and we'll get Aunt Julie sick. Noah was really mad that Mom said "No more!" I thought it was funny.
Day 3: Treatment day? Not so much. Blood count is too low and Aunt Julie is at dangerous levels. So she can't be in public for 4 days. Crazy thing is, she was too low this entire time and we didn't know it. We shouldn't have gone out on the town the last few days, but no one told her or checked her counts before she left from the last treatment. Lesson learned. So hopefully she didn't get anything.
Meanwhile the shot will make her feel sick and fatigue now.
Her treatment (chemo) will be postponed until the following week.
Day 4: Aunt Julie was feeling okay so we went outside to play. We discussed that step 1 to deal with a life challenge is to use laughter? Well,
Step 2: Have some fun!
We all figured why sit around and mope. Let's enjoy the sunshine (with protection) and have fun!
So we headed for the back yard to play on the slide. It was amazingly hot out and we only packed winter clothes (it was winter like weather in the north where I'm from until this week). Eventually I had to borrow some of Noah's summer clothes. Yea, so I'm 9 months older and I fit in Noah's clothes that just means he's too big! Any way, we played on the slide and played in the dirt.
Weeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
After this, Aunt Julie was sent off to emergency because her temps were too high. We were a little nervous! Mom stayed behind with Noah and I. Aunt Julie and Uncle Shawn were at the hospital for 6 hours getting her fluids & antibiotics. They weren't kidding when they said Aunt Julie can get sick very very easily. I learned that having a low blood count makes your immune system very weak! I fell asleep on the couch after Noah was put to bed that night. And Mommy stayed up really late waiting for their return from the hospital.She's okay now! She just needs lots of rest and fluids.
Day 5: The next day I was caught again!! (resorting to step 1) being a goof and playing with Aunt Julie's sun hat. I look good! What?
Come on Noah, You know you want to wear it too!
Last day in Cinnci for a few weeks, Aunt Julie is feeling better after a long nap. Here she is hanging out on the porch getting ready to blog. She's also sporting her new hair cut. Very cute short fringe. She said now it will be much harder to lose it because she loves the new do!
My daddy told her not to worry about losing your hair because bald is the new sexy. heeheehehee LOL.. Daddy!!! You're silly!
No comments:
Post a Comment