This is Molly's Mommy. I just had to write about our new words this morning. No pictures of this one, Thank God!
Well, the good news is, Molly is starting to repeat words that you ask her say. The bad news is she's repeating everything you say.
Here's how the story begins:
Feb. 14th 2011 5:45AM-6:45am
Every morning I hussle and bussle to get Molly, the dogs, and I ready for day. I've already taken my shower before Tim is up. Tim is already walking out the door when I start getting Molly dressed or myself (what ever comes first). Tim is kind enough to help me feed 3 out of the 4 dogs before he leaves.
So, this leaves me with dressing myself, Molly, and chasing Charlie down the stairs with his diaper on, so not to pee on anything. (Luckily I had the diaper on him, because he tried to pee on something. )
So now I have a wet dog, a crying baby who says she wants to eat, drink, and read books and I'm still getting my make up on. Charlie is barking his head off downstairs at the caged in dogs.
Once we make it down the stairs, Molly in tow, Charlie needs to be let out, fed, and wash his diaper. Then Molly needs a change of diaper, because she made a poo poo in her pants before we hit the last step.
After coming back down, I have to get charlie water, Molly a snack and juice, pack our lunches (some of Molly's was packed the night before to save time) let all the barking dogs outside, get them caged back in, carry my 4-5 large bags to the car and get it started, hoping Molly doesn't get into anything while out for a few seconds, and then come back in and get Molly's coat on.
This has become a daily routine for Molly and I . Except something changed this morning.
As I've got more bags, binders, shoes & keys in one arm, & Molly in the other, The dogs gate goes crashing to the ground. The sound startled Molly & I. Worst of all, how am I supposed to bend down and pick this gate up with my hands full and we're in the dark, because I just shut off the lights to exit the house?
My first reaction was this:
"Son of B*@ch!"
Then it happened!!!!! The echo..
Molly repeated my exact words, clear as day... Oh my lord!! Here we go!
I didn't react at first because for a split second, while picking the gate up, I didn't think she actually said it. But oh no, she did!!
I immediately said, "Oh no Molly, don't say that, say "Shucks, or Shoot""instead. She repeated those 2 words too. I chuckled a little, but not enough for Molly to notice. I don't want her to think she'll get attention from this.
It was cute, shocking, and not so good in every which way. I'm sure all those parents with new talking babies can relate?
I was kind of proud of her though, because she's starting to say words clearly and well. I also felt like she knew what kind of a hectic morning mommy was having and she sort of stuck up for me and yelled at the gate with me.
Lesson learned! The time has come. We must watch what we say around our little one's ears. They are little sponges!
God bless you all on this wonderful Valentine's Day!
Love Jennifer
No comments:
Post a Comment