Saturday, May 8, 2010

Happy Mothers Day!


Hello Everyone!
It's Molly's Mommy.

I just wanted to reflect on this year and how wonderful it has been to become a mother let alone to be Molly's Mommy.

I've learned so much from my little peanut. I learned that we really can't sweat the small stuff and to choose my battles wisely. For example, the books all say not to nurse to put the baby to sleep, but when you're tired and have had zero sleep, you'll do anything it takes. Then we had to teach her to go to bed with out my nursing comfort. It was time to cry it out. She still has to cry it out but it's only for a few minutes. I'm so thankful we stuck to the plan because now she sleeps through most of the night and she's in bed by 8pm every night.

Lesson 1: Stick to routine!
Lesson 2: Let other people put her to bed. I've learned that since I nurse her she only wants Mommy to put her to bed, change her diaper, play with her, hold her, etc. She is getting better at playing with Daddy and absolutely loves being with Grandma.

Either way, I love being Molly's Mommy. She has been so much fun! She's been such a blessing from the minute she was born, holding her in my arms to now watching her crawl, stand up, and almost walking.

What I love most about being a Mommy is that I'm loved right back. Molly melts my heart when she is crying and wants me to hold her. She looks at me with those sad eyes. Or when I walk into the room she lights up with a smile and crawls to me as fast as she can. I get big big hugs every day and big wet kisses on the cheek.
I couldn't ask for any thing more.

Molly, I love being your Mommy and I am excited to watch you grow and learn. Be easy on me. I'm new at this!

So Happy Mothers day to all those other wonderful Mommy's out there. It's a hard job but someone has to do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment