Monday, November 1, 2010

Twas the week of Halloween..

Twas the week of Halloween, when all through the neighborhood, the ghosts and goblins were getting ready for the big day.

There was pumpkin carving, costume shopping, and candy to eat. I had a few favorite moments this week. For example, I loved running around in my costume and playing with my pumpkins. I confused them for apples and tried to bite them. Sometimes I tried to throw or roll them, because I thought they were balls.

The weekend before Halloween, Mom, Dad, and I carved pumpkins. They said it was in memory of carving at the Butners. I got to sneak a few bites of the pumpkin guts. MMM!!!

At school, we had a harvest party and costume parade. Most of the kiddos in my class can't walk very well, so Grandma and Mommy came and took me around the school in the line with the older kids. Guess what? I was a lady bug!

I bounced and ran like a lady bug. I tried to take flight.

Halloween night was extra special! I dressed in several layers to keep warm. Mommy and Daddy took me through the neighborhood, where I got to trick or treat for candy. I liked walking/running to each house. I DID NOT like walking up to strangers and taking their candy. I waited for Mommy and Daddy to put candy in my bag.
Every one said I was the cutest bug they ever saw!
By the end, it got very cold and my nose started to turn red and run. I even got a pack of Kleenex from one trick or treat.
It was a great week! I had lots of fun being a ladybug and preparing for this big day. It just went by too fast!
Can you believe it was 80 degrees 7 days before Halloween and 30 degrees Halloween night?

Harvest Party/costume parade at school

Trick or Treat

Daddy's Silly face & Mommy's Spooky House Pumpkin

No comments:

Post a Comment